Staying at a friend’s flat in west Cumbria this weekend. As well as living there he is also responsible for managing the whole building and looking after the maintenance, etc. He has been looking for a solution to the problem of people leaving lights on in the communal areas, and found these low energy lightbulbs that also have a built in PIR movement sensor, which to me is an excellent innovation as it removes the need for rewiring a new light fitting, so an electrician is not needed and the bulb can be fitted by anybody. It got me thinking whether we could use these in some of the holiday cottages I have been evaluating for energy efficiency. They could be very useful in places that are used intermittently like utility rooms or storerooms, where lights may get left on accidentally. I wonder if there is an LED version out there somewhere for an even greater lifetime.
- fb.me/1u7ezRZA4 6 days ago
- Has been a great birthday. Thanks for the messages and fun times peeps x 1 week ago
- #mtbros at #coedybrenin. Sun came out just in time for a great blast around the #mbr. Belter! @… instagram.com/p/BXvouNUBG2t/ 1 week ago
- @treehouse @EmSchw I can definitely identify with this feeling! 2 weeks ago
- RT @treehouse: Slaying the Dragon: Imposter Syndrome: trhou.se/2okh1pY by @EmSchw #impostersyndrome https://t.co/CT2nsh4K2v 2 weeks ago
- Fantastic weekend celebrating Nikki and Tom's wedding and some landmark birthdays. Great to… instagram.com/p/BXcdHQIBl9v/ 2 weeks ago